Your privacy is important to us! SMA is committed to respecting your privacy through the protection of your personal information. As the collection of information is facilitated through technological advances such as the Internet, we have re-established our commitment to protecting your personal information. The following outlines our pledge to you:
- Purpose and Consent: Before collecting your personal information, or at the time of collection, we will explain to you the purpose of collecting it and obtain your consent.
- Limiting Collection: Our collection of personal information is limited to what is reasonable under the circumstances and your information will be used only for the purpose for which it is collected.
- Security: Your personal information is kept confidential and secure and is not disclosed to anyone outside our group of companies without your consent, unless required by law.
- Access: You have the right to access your own personal information, and to correct any inaccuracies.
The cornerstone to protecting your privacy is consent. We will only collect, use, and disclose your personal information with your consent, except where otherwise permitted by law. We do not, as a condition of the supply of a product or service to you, require you to consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information beyond that information which is required to complete the transaction. You may choose not to provide us with any of your personal information.
Types of Consent
Consent can be express or it may be implied in appropriate circumstances.
- Express consent can be given by you in writing, in person, electronically, by telephone, or by using a check-off box.
- Implied consent may be used by us as a basis for extending new marketing offers or information to you. We will not use your implied consent for the use or disclosure of your sensitive personal information such as that collected during telephone surveys.
You may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. If you withdraw your consent, we will inform you of the implications of such withdrawal. To withdraw your consent, simply contact us and advise us of what personal information you no longer wish us to use.
& Sales Group